How to create middleman blog for middleman project?
- Middleman supported blogging in your project or your blog.
If you create a blog, I think you should with middleman blogging. I hear, you say ‘ WHY ? ’
- Easy to use,
- Embed in your project easily
Let’s learn blogging with middleman blog
Firstly, if you use middleman blog in your project, this means if you use blogging in your website or application, you should go to path of your project, open and write above command.
you write in Gemfile :
gem ' middleman-blog '
and then, in config.rb
activate :blog do |blog| --- set
and when you write these command in your project, open terminal or console write
bundle install #install gems bundle exec middleman server #run your blog in your project
If you want to set up from the rough, what you want to open to path, and write in terminal
middleman init blog_name --template=blog
When you write this command you can see, many file created for your blo.
Now open created blog, you should see directories,
index.html.erb layout.erb calendar.html.erb tags.html.erb feed.xml.builder 2012-01-01-example-article
- Middleman provide many tags and properties for your blog, if you want to organize, you can open config.rb and organize these, and see.
- If you don’t want to use .html.erb files, you can translate to .html.haml in html2haml.
And use this.
- If you want to use blog in your middleman project, you should create new layouts, and index.html.haml in your blog directory, different from your middleman project. and we write code in this.
Yep ! you create new blog and prepared write new article your blog,
Let’s start :)
middleman article article_name
When write this command, middleman created new article file, blogging in this file, but we write with markdown inside created article file.
When you write your article you run project with
bundle exec middleman server
run and see what you can do ?